Missions start at home, but it doesn’t end there.
Ekklēsía Iwigá is fortunate to be able to support many missionaries both locally and abroad. Please join us in prayer for their work for the Lord.
You may ask, "What is the job of a missionary?" Christ gave the great commission to the Church in Mark 16:15 was to '"go into all the world and preach the gospel." You may then ask, "What is the Gospel?" Well, the Gospel is; click HERE.
Outreach helps the Exarchate understand that everything we are and do is evangelism and outreach. Maintains a system by which those who visit Iwigá's worship receive a timely response to their interest in our ministry, and we express our interest in having them join us. Design thoughtful ways to reach out to the people of our neighborhood and part of the Bay Area with God's love for them in Jesus.
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion to the Homebound
Purpose: To take the Holy Eucharist to members of our community and Parish who cannot come to Mass. There is a time commitment for participants of this ministry. Training will be provided at a time to be arranged.
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion to the Hospital
Purpose: To visit patients, offering prayer, comfort, and the gift of the Holy Eucharist. There is a consistent time commitment to this ministry. The Holy Communion Service includes a Penitential Rite, a short Scripture reading, the Our Father, the Hail Mary, Holy Communion, and a conclusion.
St. Francis of Assisi Joy Group
Purpose: To aid and console the grieving during a great time of need for individuals and family members. St. Francis of Assisi Joy Group comprises several components, including the Consolation Listeners, Funeral Reception, Prayer Petitioners, and Sympathy Card Writers.
The Society of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Purpose: To instill greater love, devotion, and reverence of Holy Mother Mary under the title of Our Lady of Guadalupe, while providing service to our church community.
What We Do:
- Organize the celebration of the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe held annually on December 12th. The activities commence with Mañanitas with mariachis at 5:00 am, and the principal Holy Mass is celebrated in the evening followed by a reception
- Host a parish-wide mini-retreat called a Día de Reflexión (Day of Reflection)
- Pray the Holy Rosary on the 12th of the month as a group or individually
- Participate in Eucharistic Adoration on the 2nd Saturday of the month
- Pray novenas and rosaries for the sick and, on occasion, visit and assist the sick and disadvantaged
- During Holy Week, participate in El Vía Crucis en el Barrio (Way of the Cross in the Neighborhood) and in the Missions in Spanish
- Sponsor fundraising activities for the Building Fund such as a casino trip and breakfast in the Parish Hall
- Support and assist other ministries and groups in their fundraising efforts